Monday, July 27, 2009

Postcards from the Edge

There is a project going on at our church that involves a large team of volunteers and about which I am very enthusiastic. There’s not a whole lot I can do to help, but I wanted the people involved to know they are important. I got a list of their names and mailed a postcard to each of them with a short note of thanks and encouragement.

That has generated more pleasant conversations in a few days than I’ve had all summer. At least five people have thanked me for the postcard and told me how nice it is to get a pat on the back.

God uses funny little things to build me up. I might go buy another stack of postcards and stamps and make this my new friend-making strategy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for using this space to share your encouraging words.