Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tuesday

Deliver one child to school. Take two children to the library, and then the playground. Feel like the mom I want to be. Then minor trauma, premature playground departure. Crying children. Oh, well, that's how it goes.

Industrious afternoon. Accomplish things, talk to people. Retrieve child from school. Manage post-school moods. Keep up the good work.

Husband comes home. Unexpectedly burst into tears. So tired! Cannot make one more decision! Dinner? I have no idea! What if I choose something no one wants to eat? DISASTER!!

It feels like the number of decisions I can handle in 24 hours is very small. I easily use them up, and then any small decision-making responsibility feels overwhelming. I know when it's happening, and I know it is illogical, but I cannot override the feeling that disaster is imminent because of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for using this space to share your encouraging words.