Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Back to Work

Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for our family. Our son is doing very well and is back to his usual happy, playful self. I am so thankful for the excellent care he has received and for the dozens and dozens of people who supported us through an especially difficult few weeks.

It seems like that medical emergency should be the peak of stress for the fall, but unfortunately it isn't. We are in the middle of a mountain range, and the only way out is to keep bagging peaks. Before the hospital episode, I felt like I'd reached an emotional flatland, where I could get a handle on things. The adrenaline rush of the last few weeks destroyed that.

A hopeful sign: I have lately become acquainted with another pastor's wife with whom I have crossed paths off and on for a few years. She is a delightful person who seems to have a sense of humor about some of the parish-life issues that make me crazy.

Today is a pretty good day. Some things seem to be in order for now. My husband and I seem to be on about the same page. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow and it involves a short list with things I can cross off by the end of the day. For now, one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I am also a pastor's wife. We have been married 20 years and he was called to pastor his first church about a year after we married. I know that it's not always an easy journey. Throughout all our difficulties, God has always been faithful. I just wanted to let you know that I care and I'm praying for you.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for using this space to share your encouraging words.