Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Worship

I didn't make it to church this morning.

That's not a confession, it's a lament. It's a miserable irony of depression that the things I want most are the most difficult to do--sometimes they seem impossible. The good I want to do I do not do...

I absolutely planned to go this morning. I'd talked to the kids about it and checked on whether the nursery would be available. Then I woke up this morning with visions of my impatient children, overflow crowds, and all that holiday hullabaloo that can feel so lonesome.

Yuck. This is such crap. I kind of feel like I've missed out on the most important day of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Pastor-

    Just want you to know I've been following your story and have committed to keeping you and Pastor in my prayers. I've no idea who or where you are, but I know some things about your pain. I'm hoping it will give you some strange solace knowing that there are plenty of us who do understand the loneliness and betrayal you feel, indeed, there are thousands of pastor's spouses around the country going through what you are going through even now. You are not alone.

    I have a post coming up that is for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It both comforts and grieves me more than I can explain to know a lot of people share this particular misery. Thank you for saying so, and for reading.

    mp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for using this space to share your encouraging words.