Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Targeted Encouragement

I was at Target today and a lovely woman from our old church recognized me. She asked after my health, knowing I'd had surgery but not sure why. I gave her the brief update - I have cancer, surgery went well, the prognosis is good, I will have chemo. I don't like telling people I have cancer because it is always startling for the hearer. She was alarmed and concerned and kind.

Then I told her that we're moving soon because Husband took a call. This lady must be more than 80 years old and it was so fun to see her face light up as she bounced a little and clapped with joy. She told me how much she misses Husband, "and I'm not the only one!"

God sends the most unexpected spokespeople to encourage me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for using this space to share your encouraging words.