I had no idea there was such a thing as National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week. I’ve never even heard of the concept of invisible illness, but that certainly captures something important. Looking normal and feeling crummy can be isolating.
The invisible illness web site has a great list of ways people respond to “You look so good!” Here are a few:
- It’s up and down.
- I’m still struggling, but it IS nice to have a day when I am able to pull myself together and make it out of the house!
- Good, because if I looked like I feel it would scare you to death.
- Thanks, I’m grateful for this good day.
- Things aren’t always what they seem.
- Praise God, I’m glad that he enables me to look so much better than I feel.
- Thanks, that’s God’s joy shining through!