Sunday, March 21, 2010

Telling the Truth

This has been the best week I've had in a long time. I've felt good from breakfast til lunch every day. Things go downhill after that, but maybe I'm just rebuilding stamina.

This week I finally mailed a belated "Christmas" letter to our friends and family. I wrote mostly about our fantastic kids but included news of my depression and my husband's unexpected break from ministry.

Sending that letter was hard. I want people who love us to know what is happening in our lives, but that was a lot of self-revelation in one mass mailing. Discretion has been a guiding ethic in my life so far and learning to balance that with relationship-building emotional honesty is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for using this space to share your encouraging words.